Schools out – and as for me… I’ve been on summer vacation (from blogging) since May. No, I haven’t disappeared, gone into protective custody, solitary confinement, or joined a convent. My excuse? I’ve been BUSY, and despite all the crazy changes taking place in my life – I haven’t been inspired to Blog. So for now we’ll leave it at that. I’ve simply been filling my time… and let’s face it, it’s a difficult and occasionally daunting task to recount 3 months worth of activities.
This is one of those occasions… but because I suffer from severe Catholic Guilt Syndrome (CGS), to the point of feeling guilty about not keeping this thing up-to-date, I have decided to bullet point my highlights since May.
- May 7: My Cousin’s Weekend Wedding in VEGAS- It was my first time there, and I liked it even though I went through nearly an entire tube of chap-stick. It was also a success considering I made it back with my money, dignity, and NO vague memories of getting hitched by a man in an Elvis suit…
- May 21: I played a killer show at The Social with Andy Matchett and the Minks, Circus, and Soulbirds.
- Tracked the beginning of my new EP set to drop by the end of this summer.
- Played shows at Firestone Lot, Backbooth, and The Social all within a week of each other – it was insane but quite a rush.
- June 4: MATT & KIM show @ Firestone Live!!!
- June 17: Partied (a little too hard) at my little brother’s bar-mitzvah – but had a blast – and I’m so proud of him.
- June 30: Caught Florence And The Machine at Hard Rock Live – FREAKING AMAZING!
- 4th of July @ Clearwater Beach with the Family
- July 7: Attended Animal Collective (very trippy indeed) at The Beacham (My new Favorite Venue)
- And I am currently in the middle of renovating and decorating my new studio. – my own little music space…. I’m so happy. 🙂
- I am also working on new material and re-writes for my EP. Woo hoo!