The past month or so has been extremely therapeutic. I am happier and probably healthier than I have been in a while. As if my last post wasn’t any indication of how crazy my life was becoming… But yes things are looking up. I began daylighting as the multi-media designer for Promo Only. I like it – it’s good to have a day gig, especially one that keeps me plugged into the music industry. Since I began working for Promo Only I have no complaints and actually it’s been pretty dope – especially the quick trip to Atlantic City for DJ Expo. I helped work the convention booth and attended the nightly parties. Our official party was held at the House Of Blues – MC’d by Clinton Sparks with performances by Sean Paul, Breathe Carolina, Taylor Dayne, Speakers, Shannon, Kat Graham, Nire AllDai, and Julissa Veloz, to name a few. I had the pleasure of meeting Julissa Veloz and Clinton Sparks and both of them were extremely kind as well as talented.
In other news, I’ve become a regular at Czar in Tampa every Friday night for the Filthy Richard Party. Picture Friday/Saturday nights at BackBooth + TakeOvr on Tuesdays at Roxy then add music videos and some digital mapping and now you have a Filthy Party. It also doesn’t hurt that the DJ I’m stalking there is pretty hot, and he doesn’t seem to mind my presence in the booth one bit. I think secretly he calls me his ‘little party starter’ and I also think he’s in love with me whether or not he knows it yet… but that’s not for here.
If you ever grace the good city of Tampa with your presence over a weekend, I think you should make Filthy Richard part of your “Must do’s”. Here are the top 5 things you should experience in the Tampa area in order.
- Eat a SANDWICH at The Bricks in Ybor (They are all super yum)
- Dance your ass off in any of the 3 rooms at Czar during Friday night’s Filthy Party
- Eat at DATZ – make sure you order at least one pancake (pumpkin if available)
- Walk around the touristy area near the bay and share a couple of Alcoholic Slurpees at Wet Willies – no Wet Willies is not unique but you might as well do something touristy and stupid. Besides it’s a nice view.
- “Grow some” and attend Skinny-Dip Sunday at Caliente Resort in Land-O-Lakes (it’s a clothing optional day, so you won’t be required to bare-it-all, but hey if YOLO is still a thing why not embrace it? In any case it’s good music, good food, and awesome people watching.