so. I really dropped the ball on this blog. Which makes me feel pretty crap. And in order to feel better about myself, I’m going to do something I should’ve done months ago. Yep – I’m reinstating Daley Downtown. I know you all were on the edge of your seat awaiting for this post. Le sigh. In all honesty I’m excited about blogging again. I even updated my ‘theme’ and header (long over due). In any case as much as I’d love to get you up to speed on my life in detail, I’m just going to give you a few highlights and you can fill in the rest with your overactive imaginations – you know who you are. :\
Since my last post in December 2011 I…
- became a blonde which automatically makes me more fun.
- fell in and out of “Love / Like” several times. story of my life.
- filmed 2 music videos (“Out Of Control” (Derek Faze Remix) released in May and “Duck Face” to be released this summer – I’m excited)
- released several official remixes by artists Derek Faze and Spectra
- attended WMC 2012 in Miami met a ton of amazing people including Dev, Rita Ora, Datsik and various other major players in the Industry.
- got kissed on the cheek by Mickey Avalon (still not sure how I feel about it)
- opened for YACT at Plaza Live, and got walked in on while putting on nylons backstage, by a member of Onuinu (who will remain unidentified, but there are only 2 of them so you have 50% chance of guessing right) (nuff said).
- collaborated with several EDM producers as a Featured Artist on a couple of tracks
that were released in JUNE on Beatport and SoundCloud
- wrote several songs that are still in the works and have yet to be released.
- wrote a song titled, “Hi (A Song For You)” a couple days ago… you can watch my live home recording on youtube.
- overhauled my website: http://brittdaley.com (I encourage you to check it out since I put so many hours into it – and I’m especially dorking out over The Remixes page. If you were unaware I have some pretty decent graphic design skills).
- and started moonlighting SOLO as a DJ combining LIVE Vocals with DJ set – Playing my first official set at Ignition at Firestone Live 6/28/12 (Mainstage Baby)
bing. bam. boom. I’m done – no wait I’m not done yet…. wha ha ha.
Lot’s of things in the works, up in the air, but I am continually working my ASS off trying to get my music out there for you all to enjoy